Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Time for a change. :D

I think I have dyslexia. Seriously.
xD

Anyway, I think I might want to change my topic from reggae to punk. Honestly, I don't know much about reggae but I do know quite some about punk. So.. VIOLA!!
Let's get down, get funkehh.

The first punk bands that pop into mind:
1. Lars Fredrickson and the Bastards2. The Adicts
3. Dead Kennedys
4. The Casualties
5. The Distillers
6. The Offspring

If you're wondering, "Well hold your boat there, what is punk??"
Punk is a genre of rock that developed between '74 and '76 in the US, UK, and Australia. It's basically fast, hard-edged music with vocals that will drive your parents mad. In late '76, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, and The Clash were practically seen as pioneers of the new punk revolution. By the 21st century, pop punk had been widely known nation wide. Bands like Greenday and The Offspring brought the genre major popularity. To truly understand what 'punk' is, look up some punk music and try it on for size. You may like it, you may not.


There's also punk, the style of clothing and such. It typically consists of tight pants, plaid, camo, studded belts, combat boots, leopard print for the girls, mohawks, and anarchy. But don't be scared!! They don't bite too hard. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment